Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 20
Date of Report: January 19, 2023
Gogebic Range Trail Authority – ORV & Snowmobile Club
Here’s a trail report for today. One of the groomers went out last night to Marenisco and back to Bessemer.
Today around 9 a.m. all three groomers will be out.
One to trail 8 to Tula and Morgan Mine. One to trail 11 S and the other is going out on trail 160.
With all the snow stuck on the trees we expect some branches and maybe some fallen trees that will need to be cut up or pushed off the trail. That’s why we are going out in the daytime so the groomers can see. Hopefully trails tighten with the temps in the mid 20’s. Use caution when riding and please give the groomers the right of way.
Lake Gogebic Area Groomers
Groomers are back out expecting 5-8 inches of new snow today into Friday morning.
All trails in the Lake Gogebic Area are reported to be in ok condition;
- 8 West: there are a couple of open water spots and may open even further with the warmer temps. Culverts were put in but may not be helpful with the weather conditions. Use Extreme caution.
- 8 East: good condition.
- 102 – Very good condition as groomers were able to get out early this morning and get it packed down before the rain.
- 1 North: good condition – some thin spots on the North Portion
- 1 South reroute: trail is holding up well and getting better with each pass; watch for open water spots.
- 13 North: ok to good condition
- Trail 100 and 13 South:– keep an out for potential water and potential water holes opening up
Stay off the trails for the next couple of days – and as always please use common sense and caution. Always ride to the right, and anticipate that there could be a hazard around the next corner and just be safe.
U.P. Thunder Riders Snowmobile Club
Groomers went out last night and will be running nightly again. 6-9 inches of new snow is forecasted for us in the next 24hrs. Looks like a good weekend ahead. Ride Right Ride Safe!