Snow Cover: Hard ice base - snow cover
Date of Report: February 13, 2017
Trails In Good Condition
Warm up in progress. The picture on the left was taken at noon yesterday. Trail 10E about 6 miles east of Eagle River Hwy 70E on the north side of the road. Trail ice base is holding at this point & most areas are snow covered. There is blow out in many corners. So it is icy out there even the straight aways. Please slow down.
Trail Boss Brian reports that Trails 70W, 10W, 10E, Alt 13S, 13S, 17S, 7N, 3(Manske Swamp section going west) and10W/13N(WI River Bridge area) groomed last night.
The area of 10W/13N is safe but very icy & slippery especially on the west side. Slow down through there.
Both Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush. Check it out & let you know later today. But remember only safe by the barrels.
Did notice snow seems a little thinner & trails more icy going west & south. With the exception of 10W & Alt 13S. Everything has hard base just thinner snow cover.
Reminder that from dusk to dawn the speed limit is 55MPH.
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! And…THINK COLD!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Cocktails 5:30pm – Dinner 6:00pm
- February 25 – 12 Pines Restaurant on Townline Rd off of Trail 10E
- March 25 – Catch 22 on Hwy 70E/Trail 10E about 5 miles from Eagle River.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
DNR Registration, $30 Trail Pass information