Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base with snow cover
Date of Report: December 28, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
Winter is back in Eagle River! High 20’s today with 23 for a low tonight. Snowing moving in after dark today into tomorrow. 1-2 inches. So Dance a little harder! Next chance of Snow is Saturday.
Trail are still in Fair Early Riding Condition with a Trail Base of less than 4 1/2 inches and snow depth 9 inches on average. Some areas are in Good Early Riding Condition.
With the warm up snow did soften up & then froze when the temps dropped so there are icy conditions in areas out on the trails. Slow down to be safe. On the straight a ways & in the corners.
Nightly grooming. Check out the Trail Boss Report of trails groomed below. Keep in mind there may be sections ungroomed due to mush, slush on the trails.
- 70W to St. Germain – Groomed
- 10W to Sayner – Groomed
- 13N to Conover – Groomed
- 10E heading east & connecting to Three Lakes Trails & north – Groomed
- Alt Trail 13S portion of Town Run – Groomed with some areas not groomed, but packed with snowmobles
- 13S portion of Town Run – Not Groomed but packed with snowmobile
- 7N/17S portion of Town Run – Not Groomed but packed with snowmobile
- 17N/3N portion of Town Run – Groomed but some areas not groomed, but packed with snowmobiles
- 3 – Manske Swamp portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Rough in spots USE CAUTION
- 10W/13N – WI River Bridge portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Trail packed by sled, USE CAUTION
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are not open. Volunteers are checking ice depth. Stay tuned for updates. Please stay off the lakes.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss, Brian Schied – 715.891.2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Iron, Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.